Right now I am working on upgrading some core internal systems that should buy me the flexibility I need to get the rest of the envisioned features done. Because these core upgrades are experimental in nature, it's hard to predict how long it will take before they are ready.
§1 Improve the Core Buffer Systems
- Programmable code wrapping.
- Virtual/Ghost text for features such as word complete and code folding.
- Binary buffer mode.
- Fix up the undo/redo system.
- Expose undo/redo system in the custom layer.
§2 Provide Customizations for Multiple Editing Paradgims
- Restructure custom layer to work as an event loop.
- Custom layer reloading at runtime.
- New frameworks for vim like and sublime like editing.
§3 Platform Layer Features and Porting Issues
- Upgrade the worker thread system to better support async and parallel solutions.
- Support for double click opening files in an existing window.
- Make the rendeirng system modular.
§4 Buffer Driven GUI
- Labels, clickable buttons, text fields.
- IMGUI helper wrapper.